(See indexes on other topics)
This is the index to a series of articles on leaders and leadership in church life.
The first part is an overview and explains how the idea for the series came about. The second and third posts examine a verse in Hebrews, often quoted to support hierarchical, structural, appointed leaders. The other articles look at other aspects of leaders and leadership and some other relevant New Testament verses.
- Leadership and the New Testament – How should we manage and govern our meetings?
- Follow my leader – We take apart the first section of Hebrews 13:17
- A joy, not a burden – Completing Hebrews 13:17
- Leading, Matthew 1:1-17 – The basis for leadership
- Miriam and Yoseph – Matthew 1:18-25 on leading by hearing and obeying
- Herod and the astrologers – Matthew 2:1-12, who would you follow?
- To Egypt and back – Matthew 2:13-23, leading from obedience
- John the Baptist – Matthew 3; John shows us how to lead
- Jesus is tempted – Matthew 4:1-11, temptations in the Judaean desert
- Jesus makes a start – Matthew 4:12-25, beginning his ministry in Galilee
- Back to front truth – Matthew 5:1-20, teaching the disciples
- Some issues to grapple with – Matthew 5:21-42, error and selflessness
- Gifts, prayer and needs – Matthew 6; as we grow we become examples